Sunday, February 12, 2012

Rainy Sunday dye painting


Today it was a cloudy rainy day.  I decided it was a good time to do some dye painting for some future projects.  I don't have a large studio to do this type of work and usually can utilize the patio.  Too cold today for that.  So I draped my kitchen, with the help of hubby, and painted fabric.  Some of it is my table top dyeing I do and other was the Phil Beaver technique with salt.  Creates a mess, but stays contained to one area.  All done now and all will be dry later this evening. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, some of that fabric looks great! You got a lot done today, looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Desiree - some of the pieces on the top are my moping paper towels drying. Got a lot of nice things from this day of painting and dyeing.

    ReplyDelete