Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring has sprung - somewhat

Enjoying all this wonderful weather we are having. 
 
This is my favorite time of the year in California. Weather is just nice and comfortably warm, grass is getting greener from the rains and flowers are blooming on trees and in the garden.  While my roses are really sprouting new growth the daffodils are in full bloom. Got some very nice orchids coming out, this photo is one on my front porch and on the patio 4 huge stalks are getting ready to open any day now.  They say rain is coming again next week, but it does make the air fresh and the gardens sprout.

Now, there are those pesky weeds and I will have to find time to get out there and clean them out - maybe next week after a rain and the ground is soft.  The older I get, the harder it is to bring myself out on my knees, then trying to get up.  I love my yard and flowers, but it suffers somedays  when I can't find time to get out there and fuss with it.  Also, with having time spent in Oregon each summer, my yard really misses me.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment