Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Some Fun Sewing

Sunglass visors

Visor on glasses

Pom Pom on brim made from T-Shirt fabric, painted with my textile paint.

Floppy Hat

Freehand drew a design,painted with textile paint.

Another floppy hat, ragged edge brim.
Not working on any particular quilt right now -my main quilt project for the trip is coming back to me to finish.  I found some interesting patterns in a local Oregon Quilt shop on making hats.  With some of the fabric I brought along and embellishments, I made these hats.  Was a fun project and not sure what I will do with them.  I also found a really unique item - a visor that goes on your sunglasses.  They use a new product called "Soft and Stable" and I made several of them - 2 I have given away already. Again just made from fabric I had with me and decorated with ragged fabric, buttons and beads I brought in the trailer.   Hope you enjoy them, I think they are really bright and cheery - and very fun to play with.

3 comments:

  1. Marilyn - I LOVE your hats - especially the aqua one with the painted posies!!! Are you selling them?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Penny - so glad you like them. Yes, I am planning on selling them. They have a lot of little craft sales at the parks we stay in here in Oregon, and thought I might do that next year. I think my sunglass visor will be very popular and I need to make more of them.

    ReplyDelete